Networks are the only form of organization used by living systems on this planet. These networks result from self-organization, where individuals or species recognize their interdependence and organize in ways that support the diversity and viability of all. Networks create the conditions for emergence, which is how Life changes. – Margaret Wheatley and Deborah Frieze, “Lifecycle of Emergence: Using Emergence to Take Social Innovation to Scale,” BerkanaInstitute.org
The Work That Reconnects Network was formed in response to feedback from the 2015 Questionnaire that was sent to facilitators of the Work That Reconnects about what would most help to realize their vision for the future of the Work That Reconnects. 88% of respondents indicated that they could envision a network that would help support communication and collaboration among facilitators. This Network exists to do just that as well as support the general community of Work That Reconnects fans and supporters.
- To design and build a network of facilitators and community members in the Work That Reconnects for optimal communication, collaboration, inspiration, and mutual support, and to contribute to the Great Turning.
- To promote the Work That Reconnects in the world by building relationships in person and via social media, an interactive website, a periodic journal, and other means.
- To develop a support system with funding and staff to enable the Work That Reconnects Network fulfill its vision.
- The Work That Reconnects Network provides support, guidance, and inspiration to people all over the world in their work for the Great Turning, in diverse communities, schools, universities, businesses, government agencies, and NGOs.
- The Work That Reconnects Network functions as a vibrant living system, providing communication, education, mutual support, and collaboration in creating curricula, practices, books and articles, music, poetry, and art.
Openness, transparency, connectivity, collaboration, inclusivity, diversity, kindness, service to the welfare of all beings of the three times, and of the healing of the planet.
Networks arise from the self-organization of all members and the aim of this Network is to engage all interested members in its leadership, on the Core leadership team or in various projects of the Network. Core leadership team members working consistently to launch the Network include Aravinda Ananda, Werner Brandt, Molly Brown, Constance Washburn, and Emily Ryan.
Decision making of the Core leadership team is by consensus, and three people constitute a quorum. The Core leadership team uses a Basecamp website to track of activities. Please email [email protected] if you are interested in participating on the Core team.