Thank you for your interest in facilitating a Webinar or Conversation Cafe for the WTR Network community!
Please read through this page completely before you submit your proposal to ensure you understand how this program works and are prepared to fill out all of the sections of the proposal. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask. If you have any questions please feel free to Contact Us.
- Applicants must be registered as Facilitator Members on the WTR Network website.
- Webinars and Conversation Cafes will be no longer than two hours. If you have additional content to cover, we suggest you submit a proposal for multiple webinars.
- All Webinars and Cafes will be offered on the gift economy by voluntary donation with no one turned away for lack of funds. A suggested donation range will be established by the Network.
- The Network will provide the following support:
- Planning meeting with facilitator to go over logistics (20-30 min).
- High profile promotion on our website, newsletter and social media groups (approximately 12,800 followers).
- Professional promotional flyer that can be shared via email and social media platforms.
- Registration process that includes sign up, collection of donations, confirmation emails and reminder emails (facilitator must supply content for these emails and specific questions they want included in the registration form).
- Zoom platform for up to 500 participants.
- Tech support. One of our staff members will be present on your webinar or cafe to support your tech needs. We will arrive 20 minutes prior to the start of the Webinar. We will manage participants, create breakout rooms and record your event, if desired.
- Recording of Webinar. We will record and post your Webinar on our Vimeo page.
- Facilitators receive 30% of the donations collected for their event. If you have a co-facilitator or guest speaker you can distribute that amount among yourselves. This payment will be sent to the facilitator(s) on the application within two weeks after the webinar occurs, to allow for processing and accounting time.
- The Network reserves the right to cancel an upcoming event within 5 days prior to the event, if the registration is not covering the base cost of promotion and delivery.
- Once a proposal is approved the facilitator(s) of the event will sign a written agreement with the Network outlining the above guidelines and submit a completed W9 (in US) or W8 (outside US) tax form before promotions for the event can begin.
Before you submit, please make sure you have the following:
- Potential dates and times (we suggest times that are inclusive to a variety of geographical locations).
- Name and brief summary of your event, including how your topic relates to the WTR, and what value it adds for the WTR community.
- Whether you are facilitating solo or with someone else, please include the names and bios of all planned facilitators or guest speakers, as well as a headshot of each.
- Intended audience (is this event for beginners, general public, WTR facilitators only, a particular language or region, etc.?).
Proposals will be reviewed each month, starting on the 15th. Please allow 1-2 weeks for us to connect with you for making a plan for promoting your offering. Please plan ahead by 5-6 weeks to allow for time to review applications, create a schedule of events and properly promote your event.