- This event has passed.
Radical Attention – an on-line day retreat
Aug 8 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm BST$20 – $60
Healing Self and the World
Mindfulness and Active Hope Day Retreat online
What does it take to live through these challenging times of pandemic and climate change with resilience, clarity and open-hearted engagement?
We live in a space without maps and may feel cast loose, unmoored, frightened. It takes courage and the solidarity with like-minded people to not look away, but practice Radical Attention and Acceptance.
A committed, daily practice of meditation and regularly going on retreat are essential in providing the necessary stability, inner calm, compassion and creativity and that allow us to acknowledge our difficult feelings and liberate our blocked and confused energies into action.
The retreat offers a programme of mindful movements, body-scan and a variety of sitting meditations, as well as poetry and some opportunity for sharing in small groups.
- Stop and rest, and appreciate what the mirror of your awareness reflects.
- Access and trust your sources of compassion and healing for yourself and our world
- Connect with your heart-felt values and gain confidence that you can live from them.
- Enjoy the felt sense of interconnectedness with the group and all life.
- Reset your system to experience natural calm and beauty.
- Make use of the wealth of experience of the facilitators.