- This event has passed.
The Great Turning Experiment
Mar 16 @ 7:00 pm - Jun 7 @ 8:00 pm GMT£95 – £500
The Bold Invitation
Imagine your ideal world. The Great Turning is upon us. The More Beautiful World Our Hearts Know is Possible has arrived. How are you living your life in this new world?
For 4 months, we are inviting you to join our Great Experiment, Live Online from Findhorn! We are calling all pioneers of the new paradigm to live our lives as if The Great Turning were a reality – to commit to living life the way you have imagined it to be in your most beautiful dreams for both your own benefit and for benefit of future generations to come.
Now, we will all be at different stages on the path to this new way of living and being.
For some this may mean:
- small, incremental changes that reflect a simpler, less consumption-driven lifestyle which supports the transition to transformative great turning living.
For others this might mean:
- full-scale, back-to-the-land, self-sufficient, communal living in harmony with the natural world.
For all of us this will mean:
- a deep change in consciousness as we enter into a rite of passage which will lead us from our current evolutionary stage of adolescence to the transition stage as initiates of a mature planetary civilisation.
The Mission and Commitment
Starting from where you are, the level of commitment, and the changes you choose to make to your life, throughout the journey, are entirely up to you!
We have never undertaken this type of experiment before so it will be emergent and we will cocreate the journey together over the 4-month programme.
We have invited guest presenters who are respected proponents of The Great Turning to accompany us on the journey and act as guides to support us to reimagine our world and live in a radically different way for the upliftment and benefit of both people and planet.
The mission, and indeed the challenge, will be to live this new life alongside a parallel world that is dying and still steeped in the destructive, habitual patterns of the past. We will learn how to compassionately hospice the death of the old, that which no longer serves, whilst midwifing the birth of the new, that which is regenerative and life-affirming.
Should you accept this mission, you will be expected to be ‘All In’ – to give your full, wholehearted commitment to living this new life together, virtually, with your fellow journeyers who are also committing to a new way of living and being in the new world.
We will test our premise of the plausibility of transformative great turning living, a step at a time, through these journey objectives which you will come to live at increasing levels of depth to accelerate the new:
- Understanding the spiritual foundations underpinning The Great Turning and our role in this epochal transition we are making to a life-affirming society;
- Exploring the evolutionary impulse of humanity’s Great Transition to a mature planetary civilisation;
- Honouring our grief for all we have lost and processing our pain for a world in crisis, whilst living in gratitude for the gifts of the potency of this time;
- Releasing what no longer serves by decolonising our minds, standing in our inner sovereignty and creating the space to fully welcome and inhabit the new;
- Embodying our Indigenous roots through a return to the ‘Original Instructions’ for upholding the honour of being human and restoring our relationship with the Earth and all life; and
- Embracing the epic opportunity open to humanity, if we get our story right, as we consciously usher in the transformational emergence of the new.
Tracking your progress and celebrating your successes
This will be very personal to you based on the unique intent and goals you set for yourself as you embark on the journey. Mission worksheets and Study Guides will be provided to support you to track your progress and celebrate your successes.
Every step of the way, we will identify and learn how to overcome the perceptual emotional, psychological, intellectual, and behavioural obstacles, real and imagined, to living The Great Turning.
You will be supported to live your new, life-affirming, regenerative life by:
- Your Journey Host;
- Our Guest Presenters; and
- Buddy Groups comprised of your fellow journeyers on the path.
Inspiration will come from these sources as well as your own inner spiritual authority, compass and guidance.
Will you join us? Are you ‘All In’?
This mission is for you if you sense a compelling impulse to consciously evolve within yourself and cultivate a spiritually-awakened, holistic, life-affirming counterpoint to support humanity to navigate the challenges of our times and accelerate our evolutionary impulse toward a mature planetary civilisation.
What you will receive
- 8 live sessions: The Introduction and Completion sessions are 1 hour in duration. The 6 speaker sessions are 2 hours in duration. The format of the speaker sessions will be flexible and emergent but will include: a brief framing of the session and speaker introduction by your journey host (15 minutes), speaker presentation (40 minutes), participant break out groups (30 minutes), return to the large group for Q&A with the speaker and participant sharings (30 minutes), and closing remarks (5 minutes).
- Video recording of each session: All the speaker sessions will be recorded and made available 48 hours following the session. If you are not able to attend one of the live sessions, you will be able to view the recording at your convenience. You may also want to review the recording to integrate the content of a particular session more deeply.
- Study Guides: To help integrate the content and experience of each session, a study guide will be provided including highlights of the essence of each session, questions for contemplation between sessions, and additional resources, featuring lists of videos, films, books, projects, events, and blogs relevant to each session.
- Buddy Groups: To support you between sessions, we’ll be placing you into Buddy Groups. Participation in your Buddy Group is vital to your experience and demonstrates your commitment to being ‘All In’. These are self-organised, smaller groupings that will enable you to conveniently connect with one another based on your time zones. We’ll allocate 5 to 8 people to each group. Once the journey is underway, we’ll send you an email providing you with a full list of participants, as well as your assigned Buddy Group and suggestions for getting started together.
- 24-Hour Participant Zoom Line: Participants are encouraged to self-organise and initiate small group dialogues between live sessions through our easy-to-use Open Zoom Line available 24/7.
- Participant Facebook Group: This will be your virtual home over the four months. The Private Facebook Group will enable you to engage in shared enquiry between sessions to deepen the journey, build alliances, and share your reflections, insights, experiences and questions with a community of peers. You may also choose to stay engaged after the programme as a way to integrate and continue to build community and support one another.
- Free access to our panel discussion: An Intimate Discourse with Visionaries of The Great Turning. The 1.5-hour video talk is a great introduction to Great Turning themes and may be useful to watch before the online learning journey begins.