Starting this fall, we will start sharing some promotion tips for WTR facilitators so your workshops and presentations can be seen by more people and promoted widely.
First, make sure you are an active facilitator of the WTR Network, for this you would need to (if you haven’t done so):
- Apply to become a registered facilitator member. This will give you access to post events, updated your profile and more.
- Make sure your profile and contact information are both up-to-date
- Pay your annual membership fee: your fee supports the network and allows us to keep the website, social media and the network running. (tip: not sure when your membership fee is due? send us an email)
If you are already a member, you can create your event in our website. We suggest you also create an event using Facebook, either as a personal event or as an organizational one (if you run the event under an organization or group).
When you create an event in Facebook, you’re automatically listed as the host. Only the event host can add more hosts to their event. Hosts and co-hosts can invite people to an event and edit event details.
To add a co-host:
- Click Edit at the top right of the event.
- Next to Co-hosts, click where it says Add Friends and type a friend’s name. You must be friends on Facebook in order to add someone as a co-host, you can also add us (the network) https://www.facebook.com/WorkThatReconnects/ so we can list your event in our Facebook page and promote it. If you belong to a regional WTR group, you may add the admins of that group so they can help you promote.
- Click Save.
Note: Friends you invite to co-host your event won’t be sent a request and will automatically become admins of your event if they RSVP as Interested or Going.
If you have questions: send us an email.
Silvia Di Blasio, WTR Network coordinator