Recommended readings and videos in systems thinking for facilitators of the Work That Reconnects.
- Systems demystified by Catherine Gautier-Downes, WTR facilitator: https://vimeo.com/262298263
- A Worldview of Swirly Things by Victor Lee Lewis
Learning for Sustainability: http://learningforsustainability.net/systems-thinking/
- Systems 1: An Introduction to Systems Thinking, by Draper Kauffman, Jr.
- “Self-Realization: An Ecological Approach to Being in the World”, by Arne Naess. From Seed, Macy, Fleming & Naess, Thinking Like a Mountain.
- Part Two of A Systems View of the World, by Ervin Laszlo, 1972.
- Pages 5-7, 157-158, 163-165 from Understanding Gregory Bateson: Mind, Beauty, and the Sacred Earth by Noel G. Charlton, 2008.
- “The Greening of the Self” from World As Lover, World As Self by Joanna Macy, 2004.
- pp. 3-7 from The Global Brain, by Peter Russell.
- “The Next Level of Systems Thinking—Non-Linear, Complex Dynamical Systems” by Jim Brown (revised slightly). https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eZnJl8F1TeoIaoPVk64K-dmgasRUgCXRq1FpK42DAGY/edit?usp=sharing
- Margaret Wheatly, Who Do We Choose to Be? Facing reality, claiming leadership, restoring sanity. BK Publishers, 2017. Amazing compendium of systems thinking, time, identity, information science, self-organization, perception, interconnectedness, and transformational leadership, based on science and the wisdom of great thinkers from many cultures.
- Margaret Wheatly and Deborah Frieze, “Lifecycle of Emergence: Using Emergence to Take Social Innovation to Scale.” from Kosmos, Spring/Summer 2015. Includes sidebar by Elisabet Sahtouris listing “Principles of Healthy Living Systems.” https://www.kosmosjournal.org/article/lifecycle-of-emergence/