Networks are the only form of organization used by living systems on this planet. These networks result from self-organization, where individuals or species recognize their interdependence and organize in ways that support the diversity and viability of all. Networks create the conditions for emergence, which is how Life changes. – Margaret Wheatley and Deborah Frieze, “Lifecycle of Emergence: Using Emergence to Take Social Innovation to Scale,” BerkanaInstitute.org
- To design and build an international self-organizing non-hierarchical network of facilitators and community members in the Work That Reconnects for optimal communication, collaboration, inspiration, and mutual support.
- To promote the Work That Reconnects by building relationships in person and through social media, an interactive website, a periodic journal, and other means.
- To develop a support system with funding and staff to enable the Work That Reconnects Network to fulfill its vision.
- The Work That Reconnects Network provides support, guidance, and inspiration to people all over the world in their work for the Great Turning, specifically by making Work That Reconnects available in diverse communities, schools, universities, businesses, government agencies, and NGOs.
- The Network actively seeks to incorporate anti-oppression values and learnings in all of its communications, and to support the ongoing development of Work That Reconnects workshop practices along these lines.
- The Network functions as a vibrant living system, providing communication, education, mutual support, and collaboration in creating and disseminating curricula, practices, books and articles, music, poetry, and art.
- The Work That Reconnects Network seeks to embody these values: Openness, transparency, connectivity, collaboration, inclusivity, diversity, and kindness, all in service to the health and vibrancy of human communities and all the living systems of planet earth.
- The Network recognizes the current state of crisis and unraveling of local communities and worldwide living systems and particularly supports activism with eyes wide open to our situation.
- We believe that contemplating and experiencing, with others, the Spiral of the Work has profound contributions to make.