I am a body-centered psychotherapist, creative arts therapist and longtime facilitator of the Work that Reconnects. I take a systemic and trauma informed approach to my work as a facilitator and therapist, weaving together a diverse background in theatre, dance, poetry, activism and mindfulness meditation. One of my great passions is cultivating playful, embodied ways of being in relationship to ourselves, each other and the Earth community. I see this work as a essential tool to strengthen solidarity and social movements, resist and undo social oppression, and build resilience for the long haul. In Montreal, I offer regular workshops and community circles, as well as mentorship opportunities for new facilitators. Everyone is welcome! I hold an MA in Drama Therapy and an MSc(a) in Couple and Family Therapy. I am a longtime student of Joanna Macy and have been facilitating Work that Reconnects workshops in Quebec, Canada and abroad since 2002. For more information on my work, please see www.rebekahhart.ca.
Audiences I work with
I have worked with clergy, in academic settings, youth, activists, the Transition Town community, and others.
Experience facilitating other events & workshops
What year did you begin facilitating the Work That Reconnects?
- I integrate drama therapy into my facilitation work
- I have trained in various embodied approaches to therapy and transformation, including Inner Relationship Focusing, Hakomi, and Developmental Transformations
- Currently completing my second master's in Couple and Family Therapy
- Many years of Buddhist practice, including living in Plum Village and other monastic and retreat settings
- I have facilitated over 50 days of WTR workshops over the years