Dear Friends in the Work that Reconnects,
If you’ve been with me in the Work That Reconnects, chances are that you danced the Elm Dance, and heard me tell how it connects our work to a band of valiant Russians protecting life in the poisoned shadow of Chernobyl. Perhaps you read their story in my memoir, Widening Circles, or my little book Pass It On, or chipped in to help them buy radiation monitors for their farmers and school teachers. [Read more…]
By Dahr Jamail, Truthout
Photo Credit: Joanna Macy, deep ecologist, systems theorist, Buddhist scholar, author, speaker, teacher, communing with the Earth at Ghost Ranch, New Mexico, January 2017. (Photo: Lois Canright)
We are living in a time of the convergence of multiple cataclysmic forces: runaway anthropogenic climate disruption (ACD), chronic wars and the most grotesque economic inequality ever witnessed on Earth. And all are worsening by the day.
Humans have changed the chemistry of the oceans and altered the very atmosphere of Earth. The planet’s largest ecosystems are in free-fall collapse as ACD proceeds apace. Racism, sexism, xenophobia and myriad other structural forms of hate are amplifying around the globe as a fascist authoritarian has ascended to the US presidency, the most powerful office in the world. This reality-television star, failed businessman, sexual predator, and hate-and-fear monger is clearly aiming for the fast track toward totalitarian rule.
We are excited to announce the launch of our newly-designed and upgraded website.
We are a self-organizing group, comprised of facilitators and friends of the Work, in service to strengthening the Work That Reconnects worldwide community.
- Please subscribe to the site and Deep Times Journal, so you can receive notifications of special postings and events.
- You are invited to our official Website Launch Party on Saturday February 18th at 10:00 AM PST when you can have a guided tour of some highlights of the new site.
Please RSVP here and we’ll send instructions on how to connect via Zoom or phone. If more than 50 people sign up, we’ll schedule an additional party at a later date so we can accommodate everyone. This will be a great chance to meet and greet other members of our Network, as well as learn about the new website.
- We are seeking a beautiful logo for the banner heading, something that will represent both the Work That Reconnects and our Network. If you have an image we might use, please upload it here and we’ll ask the community to help select the one we’ll use.
The new website has many new features, as well as some brought over from the previous site. New content and features include:
- A new and fresher look!
- Information about ways to get involved with the Work That Reconnects Network
- The capacity to list yourself on the Friends of Work That Reconnects worldwide map and search for others
- The capacity to list and search for regional hubs and ongoing groups
- A new section on Evolving Edge (see below for more details)
Expanded options for facilitator members include:
- Enhanced features for event submission
- Expanded facilitator profiles, with a dedicated page for each.
- The ability for facilitators to post content – movies, books, websites, articles, Evolving Edge blog posts, and updated and new practices
- Tutorials on how facilitators can submit events, update their profile and submit content. The second part of the launch party tour will guide facilitators on how to access these features.
Current changes are phase 1 of the website upgrade. In phase 2 we are looking to provide enhanced opportunities for collaboration and sharing. Please take this short survey to help us identify priority needs.